International Business Council (NT)
The International Business Council (IBC) is a member-based non-government organisation representing businesses involved in international trade in the Northern Territory.
As the international arm of the Chamber of Commerce NT, the IBC encourages and promotes international trade in goods and services with and through the Northern Territory.
The IBC represents members by:
- Lobbying Government on issues and conflicts in international trade
- Promoting international trade in the NT through various avenues, information sessions, Ambassador visits, etc
- Coordination of the Annual Chief Minister’s NT Export and Industry Awards
- Organisation of overseas delegations and invitations to participate in major expos in Australia and overseas
- Up to date information on trade policies reforms, free trade agreements, certificates of origin, etc
As an IBC member, you will receive:
- Access to our monthly newsletter, IBC Update
- Up to date information regarding international trade, changes to government procedures, etc.
- Invitations to IBC information seminars with various guest speakers influencing international trade in the Territory
- Invitation to attend networking events with other IBC members and non members
- Invitation to join international and national delegations to trading countries and exhibitions. i.e. China, Indonesia, East Timor
- Member-rates for certificates of origins and other trade documentation
Brian O'Gallagher - Executive Officer, International Trade08 8982 8128 or 08 8982 8125 firstname.lastname@example.org www.ibc.org.au
Brian O’Gallagher joined the Chamber of Commerce NT in February 2015, as the Manager of the two Industry Councils, the NT Manufacturers Council and the International Business Council.
Brian (Manager) along with Sean Mahoney, the Chairman and the Executive Committee members of the IBC strive to reach the strategic goals of the Council and to benefit its members by raising the profile and advocating to both government and industry stakeholders the capacity and capability of our local international business and trading sector.